|Small Business Guide - Small Business Resources
(Add to Favorites | View All Articles | Resource Directory)
Creative Marketing Tips: Simple Things You Can Use In Your Business To Attract More Clients
The single most important activity you can do in your small business is create a unique marketing strategy and plan. When was the last time you saw a company marketing themselves in an outrageous way? In this day and age it looks like everyone has read the same book on marketing - and sorry to say - that book doesn't work!
What does work - is a little creativity, a little personality and a lot of effort to make yourself so different from your competition - that there is no real competition.
1. What crazy stunts could you do to get free media publicity? What type of outrageous challenge could you post to the public (ie give me 30 days and we will change your life, your business, your appearance etc?) Alternatively, go get a Guinness Book Of Records? find something that is remotely related to your business? and design a new record you are going to create - the media will love you.
2. What's your stadium pitch? Imagine this...you have been given the chance to do a 60 second presentation to 50,000 people in a stadium. Just as you walk out to start the presentation? they announce that people don't have to stay if they don't want. What could you say in 15 seconds to get them to stay? What could you say in 60 seconds to convince them that your company is the only alternative and they'd be crazy not to build a relationship with you?
3. Think about the lifetime value of your clients. When they are first introduced to you they are buying into a relationship with you? they are NOT buying a product. It is up to you to nurture that relationship. Are you? If you treat them right and make them feel like family? your clients will come back? buy more? and buy more often. In today's cold impersonal business world, be the one that treats them like family.
4. Find a way to build a recurring payment plan around your business. If you have a one-time purchase of your product? what could you offer to your clients to have them come back more often? Could you do a tune-up or clean up or re-design once a year? Rather than waiting for them to come in? offer them a reminder service and a monthly enticement to come back in. Bill them monthly, quarterly or yearly. Up to 50% (sometimes more) of your clients will take this option? what would that add to your bottom line?
5. Create joint ventures with other related businesses? anyone that deals with the same target market that you do. Explain to them that you will send them extra business if they give your clients an incentive to buy (coupons, discounts, bonuses etc). Create a booklet that you will give out to your clients with all these discounts. For every discount coupon they use - that supplier is to pay you $xx dollars for the new client you brought them
6. Send out a weekly (even bi-weekly) email newsletter with some tips, some humor, some specials of the week. On the days when it is going to rain - send out an urgent bulletin - rainy day special! Offer them a deal to come down, brave the rain and get a deal on lunch
7. Make doing business with you more exclusive. Make it on a referral-only basis. There is a dentist I know of that locks his door. You are not allowed in unless one of his present clients has recommended you? even then you need to pass the approval process. And he has 3 times more profit (and much happier clients) than any other dentist in his city.
8. Test all of your crazy ideas. No matter how crazy they sound - try it out. Find out which ones work. Then optimize how effective they are. Test all variations of that idea. Find out which variation works best.
9. Use risk reversal in your offer. Make it so your clients come out so far ahead by dealing with you they would be silly not to. Even if they decide that your product is not for them and they return it - they still come out of the deal with the refund and many bonuses that they never had before dealing with you. The stronger the risk reversal and the longer the guarantee? the fewer number of returns and complaints - it's a fact.
Think differently, be different, make sure people notice you are different - and you will be very profitable. To your success!
About The Author
By Troy White of www.SmallBusinessCopywriter.com... "Turning Words Into Wealth" Helping entrepreneurs jump start their business success and profit growth through uncommon, yet highly profitable, marketing techniques.
http://www.SmallBusinessCopywriter.com? sign up for our *Free* newsletter on-line ?Call 1-877-259-4566? or email [email protected]
� Small Business Copywriter.com 2004
News provided by Yahoo! News and Google News
Small biz employers approaching Obamacare deadline - Crain's Detroit Business
SBA Reveals Top Small Business Lenders
SBA Adopts New Credit Scoring Tool for Small Biz Loans - American Banker (subscription)
Nov NFIB small business optimism index beats estimates
Rugby independents gear up for Small Business Saturday
Freelance Tips: How to Cope with Spring Fever When Theres Work to Be Done
We all know how glorious those first warm days of spring feel. The trees are blooming, the birds are singing.
Keep the cash flowing inward
Cash is King..
Writing a business plan - simplified
Writing a business plan for your Solo Entrepreneur business doesn't have to be a daunting project. If you can answer 10 straightforward questions about your business, you can be ready to go.
Franchises: How to Find the Best Franchise Opportunity for You
If you are looking for a franchise opportunity, the choice is mind boggling. There are literally hundreds if not thousands of different types of franchise available for you to invest in, with the same variety in cost.
Starting An E-Commerce Business: Baby Steps
Starting your own e-commerce business can be quite the adventure. There is nothing wrong with falling head over heels in love with your ideas and plans and becoming overly excited, but always remember, feet first.
Small Business and Wichita
Owning a small business in Wichita, KS might not be a bad idea, job growth is good, housing has rebounded and the aviation manufacturing capital of the world is on an aileron roll. So consumer spending is up and retail and service sectors are doing fine again.
How to Curb Antique Shop Theft Inexpensively
If you have ever had your antique shop or mall ripped off, you understand that it's very hard to detect. There are simply so many items to keep track of, and an item can be missing literally for months and you may not realize it.
Mini-Blind Cleaning Business, Case Study
Sometimes the simple businesses are the ones, which make good money. Take mini-blind cleaning for instance.
Getting Grant Funding For Your Nonprofit Organization
Do you need grant funding for your nonprofit organization? If you do you are most certainly not alone in your needs. This combined with the fact that because of regular government budget cuts there's not as many federal dollars available as there once was.
Will Adding a Car Wash to Your Fast Lube Add Additional Crime to Your Facilities?
Car Wash Crime in the Hood. Apparently not everyone is with us and certainly not everyone considers this to be a clean business.
Getting around to doing the administrative work
You've been meaning to tend to the administration part of your business, that is, the growing list of things to do that relates to your small business. You've shoved all other appointments aside and starts getting down to working on the nitty gritty details, you're ready to go all out and tick everything on the list off! But where in the world is the list?The Administration part of the small business may seem simple but unless one gets down to doing it and doing it right, nothing else will get done.
Dispute Resolution of Territory for Mobile Franchised Companies
Franchisors of home based and mobile businesses need to carefully watch their franchisees who innately try to hunt in their fellow franchisees territories. The most important advice a franchisor should give the franchised outlets in this case is to work it out themselves.
How to Wash Mobile Homes as a Business
Washing manufactured homes, mobile homes, can be a lucrative and steady business. Generally Mobile Home owners desire to have their mobile homes washed twice per year.
Overcoming Your Biggest Competitor
Before you read any further in this article, I'd like you to take a moment and write down who your biggest competition is.OK, got it?I'm going to go out on a limb here and tell you that no matter what company you wrote down, you're wrong.
7 Advantages to Incorporating
There's no question that hard work and a little luck is what it takes to BE successful. But a little knowledge, especially when it comes to setting up your business, will help you STAY successful.
The Key To Success - Choose The Right Partners
Do you promote yourself as offering prompt, reliable and quality service?Of course - none of us promote ourselves as anything less, and equally we strive to provide this level of service all the time.So what happens when you take your networking to the next level, and start to offer referrals, or even establish partnerships or alliances for certain activities?Whatever you do at this point creates significant impact on your business and personal reputation - potentially positive and also potentially negative.
Successfully Adding a Service To Your Business
There will come a time in your business where you feel ready to add another service offering. To make this successful, there are ten tips to consider before moving ahead.
1 Overlooked Key to Small Business Success
Is this you?You dreamed of owning your own business, doing what you love and enjoying unlimited earning potential. You researched.
A Lesson From "The Apprentice" That Can Make You A Master
I have to admit, I was curious. When I saw previews of a new show called "The Apprentice," it made me want to at least watch the premiere to see what was going on.
Bogus Investor and Consumer Complaints and Consumer Misrepresentation
Like most regulatory bodies in the United States, the Federal Trade Commission gets investor and consumer complaints. But how much of these are actually real? These agencies then act on such complaints and increase regulations.
|Home | Site Map | Privacy Statement | More Articles|