|Small Business Guide - Small Business Resources
(Add to Favorites | View All Articles | Resource Directory)
Operational Aspects on P and L Statements of Mobile Services Businesses
What kinds of things effect mobile service businesses P and L's? Well this is an excellent question and as I see the Annual reports of companies who do mobile services, such as Ecolab, Service Master, Halliburton, Luftstanza Food Services, etc. I see many similarities. For instance we have noted as many of the others the climate conditions, El Nino effects, Mud Slides, road closures, snow. low temperatures, Hurricanes, etc.
(1) would be extreme weather conditions that affect the demand for such services, this could be both good and bad;
(2) competition in the markets served by their Service Businesses;
(3) Then there are the problems we have encountered in the Silicon Bay area on labor issues during the dot com days. No people to work; full employment and 3.1% unemployment are synonymous. 5% seems to be a good number in any state, it keeps the natives restless and all the work ethic of economies honest, so then we will call. Labor shortages or increases in wage rates effect service businesses of every sector. Well what else?
(4) Well on everyone's mind is health care, under funded pensions, which include health care and increased costs in that industry and the cost associated with parasite attorneys suing for ungodly amounts and costs malpractice suits? Unexpected increases in operating costs, such as healthcare insurance and HMO or perhaps PPO costs. But also realize after 9-11, insurance costs have nearly doubled in every industry. Ours included and the fixed site market participants as well; (
5) Insurance Costs increases effect the bottom line as the liberals and attorneys attempt to make all that which is unequal, equal just the same, it is not and never will meanwhile all service business pay the price for these ideals as this country and it's service sector attempt to operate in an ever increasing sate of liberalist socialism. Did I say that? Yes, and it is true, because all this does effect our bottom lines in the service sector and is carried on in increased costs to consumers as an over burden tax on all we are and all we have built in the most free country on the face of this Earth. Enough on that subject.
(6) Now let's talk about fuel costs. Yes increased fuel costs effect everyone and very much so in the mobile service sector therefore add fuel prices to a major set back in profitability expectations. The President is right we must be careful of our energy appetites and fuel needs, pay attention this effects everyone and of course the P and L of every service business known to mankind.
(7) Well with the thought of transportation costs. Let us discuss the issues of increased traffic and road work delays in most states due to weak budgets bad fiscal policy and general inability to lead, manage and get one worthy piece of legislation that actually helps people out of committee at the state levels, CA being my best example of Hail Marry approach to fix bureaucracy of malfisence, back to the roads traffic. Now lets discuss the real problem plaguing the service sector, which so far has been the last to be destroyed due to it's very efficient nature and business model, especially the mobile side, although we can also look at Jack Welsh's comments to the board in 2000. Service is the future speech also remunerated to the 6 Sigma clan to be.
(8) increased governmental regulation of all sorts. Now we can talk about the general across the board slowing of money flow due to not supply but rate of flow, which is actually the same thing since money supply is so relative really.
(9) General economic conditions in the United States, especially as they consumer spending levels. We should also look at what we often discuss as the Chaos Theory, changing direction quickly is very important in the service sector more than anywhere else, as the consumers and Corporations move the direction of their expenditures, they vote with their dollars and must vote for you if you are to have nay kind of P and L at all. So then those costs associated with directional changes, training, marketing and overcoming delays with cash money for speed, ramp up cost money and the faster you go the more you pay. Ask any military commander or any previous commander in chief, moving things costs money, moving fast is a hyperbolic curve similar to that of co-efficients of drag which is apropos to this particular conversation;
(10) time and expenses associated with integrating and winding down businesses; and other factors which cannot be seen or predicted unless you learn to study the game. It may appear to be a game of chance, but chances are it is neither. The strong survive, but only if they understand their bottom line and what affects it. Does this make sense to you? Care to Opine?
"Lance Winslow" - If you have innovative thoughts and unique perspectives, come think with Lance; www.WorldThinkTank.net/wttbbs
News provided by Yahoo! News and Google News
Judge tells American Express it can't bully small biz - Crain's New York Business
'Small Business Basics Series' begins in March
SurePayroll Small Business Scorecard(R): Small Businesses on the Hunt for New Hires
AIR MILES for Business celebrates Canada's outstanding entrepreneurs at the 2015 Small Business Achievement Awards
Small Business Column: Time for Irish SMEs to take advantage
Decline of small business hurts recovery, jobs growth
Small Biz in a Digital Age: Analytics - Know Your Options - GoLocal Worcester
Small Business Economy Continues To Grow Modestly
For your business to grow, you must learn business management
The American system of business management has been admired and emulated around the world. This system is characteristic of two traits in the American psyche: (1) enthusiasm for the future and making things better, and (2) an openness and willingness to change in order to achieve that end.
Stand back and take a real look at what you've created
I've got good news and bad news. The good news is that 98% of businesses are small businesses.
What does business success look like?
When you hear the word "success" does it bring on visions of fame and fortune for your business? Have you clarified and articulated what that success will look like for your business and how you'll know when you've achieved it?What's the definition of success for your business? Most small businesses are selling their time and expertise to deliver a service to their clients. So the question I want you to reflect upon is this? "What does success look like?"Now before you start answering with responses like, "I'll do $X Million in sales this year.
Top Ten Resolves for Building Your Business in 2005
1. Resolve to build a consistent network system.
Batting Cages Business - Making Profits With The Swing Of A Bat
There is a Batting Cages Business for those people who love baseball and/or softball. This business will make you a profit and will help raise the self-esteem of the children who come to your facility.
Fee negotiation should not be your standard business practice
You're pretty proud of yourself! After all, only four months ago you came up with the idea of opening your own business - "Jenni's Interior Design" Your friends have always said you were gifted when it came to arranging furniture and picking out colors, and you love to do it, so you decided it was time to get serious.You went to a few "Starting Your Own Business" seminars, picked out a name and registered it, had your nephew build a great website, printed up some business cards, got a second phone line, and took out an ad in the local paper - "Are Your Walls and Furniture as Stagnant as Pond Scum? You Don't Need to Break the Bank for a Fresh Look, You Just Need a Makeover!"Then you crossed your fingers and waited.
Debit and ATM Card Advice for Small Businesses
Your business account comes with an ATM, Debit card. Pick a really secret pin number.
Small Businesses - How to establish branding without spending a fortune
When we speak of branding most of the time people try to relate it to big business house, however, the fact is that every business needs to establish their brand in order to survive the competition. This is nothing new; experts and management gurus had been preaching the same sermon for years now but what they have not told is why you need to brand your small business? How is branding going to help you to establish your business? How can you establish your brand without spending a fortune on it?You might be having a very small business but would you like your client to perceive your business as a small time entrepreneurial effort? Definitely not, and your business cards, letterheads and other marketing collaterals does just that.
Looking into the Future for Profits
How to identify future solutions and opportunities?Your power page, if used extensively, will help you to identify areas where the client may need more help or may need to purchase additional products. When you read through your notes, you will be able to pinpoint areas that will be a business pain.
Does Your Business Need a Toll-Free 800 Number?
Should your business have a toll free number for customers to make sales, service and billing inquirers? The industry began in the early 1970's and today most customers expect you to have it. Providing a toll free line can bring in a number of benefits to your business.
The Benefits of Using Freelance Consultants / Trainers for Your Project
What are the benefits of using a Freelance Consultant / Trainer for your next project?Companies are often wary of employing freelance trainers when setting up a new project or contemplating a 'roll out' operation or 'change' scenario. There are however distinct advantages to using freelance as against permanent resources, and some of these are outlined as follows.
Understanding Franchise Releationships in a Franchised Business
Now that you have invested your time, energy and money in buying a franchise, how do you work within the system? How do you take advantage of all your franchisor has to offer? How do you deal with your counterparts, other franchisees?In this chapter, I will give you tips that will help you thrive and prosper in your new business.CommunicationIn any franchise organization, it's important to maintain open communications lines.
Looking for a New Office Chair?
Perhaps you are building a new home office or you are redoing the one you have. Or, maybe you are looking for an office chair to replace that broken down model sitting in your office.
How to Profit from a Concrete Roof Tile Business
Concrete Roof Tile Business: During the 2004 summer season, storms plagued the United States. Damages from the Hurricanes in Florida alone sent resources in the southern states scrambling.
Competition in the Market Place and Over Disclosure Regulatory Burden
The Federal Trade Commission is assisting competitor to cheat and encouraging this unethical behavior thru their disclosure rule on franchisors. Competition in the market place is far more competitive and the stakes are high enough that Over Disclosure Regulatory Rules cause competition to take the advantage and cheat.
Multiple Clients Create Your Independent Business
Would you rather have one good client paying you five thousand dollars per month or ten smaller clients paying you five hundred dollars each per month? Here are two good reasons for choosing multiple clients over just one client.1.
How to Create an Information Plan
What is in an information plan?Before you even meet with a potential customer, you should have an action plan in place. The action plan should consist of 5 areas.
Small Business Franchise Opportunities
Many businesses offer small business franchise opportunities. There are many things that are needed for a small business of this kind, but the rewards are great.
Six Essential Skills to Business Success!
The following are six essential skills to business success. You may not have developed all of these skills, but like most things in life, you can by learning, practicing and determination.
FTC Adding to the Franchise Rule
Last summer the FTC put forth a report and then asked for comments on modifications of the franchise rule. There has been no real significant changes since the 1970's, but lots of opinions and case law along the way.
|Home | Site Map | Privacy Statement | More Articles|