|Small Business Guide - Small Business Resources
(Add to Favorites | View All Articles | Resource Directory)
Top 10 Lessons for Small Business Success - As learned From My Twin 3 Year Olds
Small business success is very similar to learning to walk, talk and spell. The basics have to be understood before moving on to the next step. I am blessed to have twin 3 year old girls in my life and am amazed constantly how much I learn from them on a daily basis. As I watch them run around and explore, I find myself realizing just how much my observations apply to being successful and happy in life and in business.
So take heart in the following tips - they may come from little people but they have the power of giants. To your happiness and your success !
1. No matter how small you are you can change lots of lives - your goal for starting your business should be to change lives in one way or another. Remember this in everything you do - how can I change my customers lives ?
2. Climb that wall - no matter how big the wall is - persistence pays off in the end. Never give up on your dreams and keep on trying.
3. Times when you appear small and frail are when you can surprise everyone with your hidden strengths. Everyone in business pays attention to what the big boys are doing and how they became successful. What they miss though is the small businesses that quietly make substantial profits every year. These companies go about their business quietly and draw attention from the customers - not the competition.
4. Act like a silly goof whenever and wherever you want - people will never forget you - and that is what every business owner should dream of - sticking in everyone's mind.
5. Remember to share - People can get very protective of what they learn and how they achieve success. When you have something of value that would benefit others - share ! IT will come back to you one hundred fold . You do have you rights also - protect what is not to be shared and make sure others know it is yours and yours only.
6. Run naked every once in a while. Well ok, you don't have to be naked but run - have fun, be free and try to be a kid again. Having kids gives you that chance again and it is incredible to relive the fun that you used to have - when you weren't so serious about life and business.
7. Lay back on the grass and watch the clouds go by whenever you have a chance. Reflection and relaxation can be one of the most powerful combinations that you can ask for in your personal and business success - use it !
8. Put on a fancy hat - dress up for the day. Nothing can make you feel like a new person more than a complete change in clothing. Wear something you usually would not wear - or something you have always wanted to wear but were afraid to. In business this one little point can make you stand out from all of the rest. Wear a tacky tie, or a purple shirt, or a new hat every day - your customers will never forget you.
9. Silence is not always a good thing. Usually it means something big is brewing and trouble is near. If you find too many of your competitors are quiet or your clients are quieter than usual - figure out why ! Something serious could be happening out there and you better find out what it is.
10. Find some sand and let your toes dig in. Sand has an amazing soothing quality to it. If you do not have sand near your house or business - go buy a bag of sand at your local garden center and put it in a small box you can dip your feet in. Try this when you are working on a tough problem - new ideas will pop into your head in no time.
About The Author
By Troy White of www.SmallBusinessCopywriter.com... "Turning Words Into Wealth" Helping entrepreneurs jump start their business success and profit growth through uncommon, yet highly profitable, marketing techniques.
http://www.SmallBusinessCopywriter.com? sign up for our *Free* newsletter on-line ?Call 1-877-259-4566? or email [email protected]
� Small Business Copywriter.com 2004
News provided by Yahoo! News and Google News
GST red tape hurting business, economy
Judge tells American Express it can't bully small biz - Crain's New York Business
Stratford Library offers seminar series for small business owners
Small Biz in a Digital Age: Analytics - Know Your Options - GoLocal Worcester
GST burden killing small business
Mayor makes another vow to cut small-biz red tape - Crain's New York Business (blog)
Small Biz Breakfast on Changing Technology Trends - HamletHub
Small Business Economy Continues To Grow Modestly
Making Direct Mail Work for Small Businesses
If you own a small business, then you know the value of affordable and effective marketing. Unfortunately, many traditional and online advertising methods are becoming quite expensive.
Pet Grooming Business
Do you like animals? Would you like to work for yourself? Pet grooming could be the career for you.A grooming business is more than just washing dogs.
Franchises Offer Shortcuts, But Not Control
Q: I will be retiring this year at age 60 and intend to fulfill my lifelong dream of owning my own business. I'm too old to start from scratch, so I'm looking at several franchise opportunities, including fast food, auto parts, and an accounting service.
A year from now, what will you wish you had started today?
What will your business look like a year from today?If you're like most small business owners, you have many things to do and not enough time to do them. Can't you just ignore them and procrastinate your way to success?Not likely.
Be Nice to Your Payroll Department
Ok, so next to the taxman, your company payroll department might well be the most criticised people on the planet. Of course, when your pay is accurate and on time then you love the payroll people with a passion but when things go wrong it is a completely different matter.
Back when I owned an inventory-based business, one of my better customers had a clever barb in his repertoire. If we were out of anything he needed in his order, he would say "You know, this would be a great place to open a supply house.
Expanding Franchisee Advice
Franchisor expansion policies are not as simple as one might think. On the mind of every businessperson is the idea of expansion.
20 Great Ways to Market Your Business Locally
Whether your target audience is in your neighborhood or across the world, you can use your local resources to get the word out about your business. Your local community is easily accessible and provides dozens of opportunities for building a buzz about your product or service.
Hard Money Lenders -- No Money Down The Easy Way
Would it help you as a real estate investor to be able to "Close For Cash in Days," even if you're tapped out financially?Hard money lenders are perhaps the best way to get 100% financing with easy qualifying, money for fix- up, and fast closings.So what can hard money lenders do for you? Hard money lenders make relatively short term (12-24 month) loans to real estate investors for the purposes of acquiring the property and rehabbing the property.
Don't become a statistic - Get business advice on a regular basis
It's a commonly quoted statistic: 80% of all small businesses will fail within the first five years of running. In fact, in Internet marketing, this figure can be as high as 95%.
What To Consider Before Buying A Franchise
Here are some useful tips on what to consider before buying a franchise. Before investing in any franchise system, be sure to get a copy of the franchisor's disclosure document.
Reaching the decision makers
As a solo entrepreneur or small business owner, one of our key challenges can be reaching key decision makers in larger companies. Getting to the right person who can seal the deal can be a frustrating experience, especially if you don't have a game plan.
Perception: What Are Your Patients REALLY Hearing?
Never underestimate the power of perception! Perception plays a major part in what is actually said -vs- how it is heard. And to patients.
Boston Suburban areas a good choice to run a business
BioTechs even with the latest news had shed over 1000 jobs two years ago, as it was reported by The Financial Times, WSJ, and Bloomberg that only 17 of the nearly 1300 BioTech firms were actually profitable. In 2002 the number of jobs were in the 30,000 range in Biotech.
The Care and Feeding of Your Small Business
While I was hard at work last week, an everyday drama was playing out in a hospital room in the next town. My niece was working on presenting me with a new great nephew.
Small Businesses - How to establish branding without spending a fortune
When we speak of branding most of the time people try to relate it to big business house, however, the fact is that every business needs to establish their brand in order to survive the competition. This is nothing new; experts and management gurus had been preaching the same sermon for years now but what they have not told is why you need to brand your small business? How is branding going to help you to establish your business? How can you establish your brand without spending a fortune on it?You might be having a very small business but would you like your client to perceive your business as a small time entrepreneurial effort? Definitely not, and your business cards, letterheads and other marketing collaterals does just that.
Define business goals - crucial to success
Scenario OneDuring a recent presentation, a business owner was given the following challenge. If 10 of his 100 employees were asked to name the top 3 organizational goals for the current year as they perceived them to be, would he receive the same 3 goals from everyone or would he receive 5, 10 or even 25 different goals? The business owner shook his head and thoughtfully responded, "No, I am sure that I would receive more than 3 goals.
Finding the PERFECT Alliance Partner
Where do you look for the appropriate alliance?One of the most asked question is "Where do you find a good alliance partner?" It is actually fairly easy. You can find potential alliances by taking some time to research potential partners.
Starting An E-Commerce Business: Baby Steps
Starting your own e-commerce business can be quite the adventure. There is nothing wrong with falling head over heels in love with your ideas and plans and becoming overly excited, but always remember, feet first.
An observation while returning home from a seminar: Getting away from the everyday allows room for analysis and new thoughts. Stimulation while away from the everyday energizes analytical and concept ional thinking.
|Home | Site Map | Privacy Statement | More Articles|